Company: University of Cape Coast
Category: Education / Training
Location: Cape Coast
Job status: Full-Time
Education: PhD / MPhil / MSc
Job expires: 17 Apr-2020
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the positions of Systems Librarian at the Rank of Senior Assistant Librarian and Assistant Librarian.
• The Systems Librarian shall coordinate and manage the Integrated Library information Systems of the University of Cape Coast Library System.
• He/ She will lead in the design, implementation and maintenance of the Integrated Library Information Systems.
• Focusing on visibility, accessibility, sustainability and performance.
• The Systems Librarian shall also automate the workflow and optimize operations of the University Library Systems.
• Provide broad support, solution and standard for the Integrated Library Information Systems.
• Design, Implement and maintain the Library Management Systems.
• Manage and Support the Library websites and the E-library.
• Manage and support the University Institutional Repositories (IR).
• Manage and support library hardware and software that support library services and operations eg. KOHA, Dspace, EZProxy, LibGuide etc.
• Manage and support Library Servers and Networks.
Qualification Required & Experience
• PhD or MPhil or MSc (Research) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Information Science.
• Professional certificates in Librarianship and ICT will be an advantage.
• Evidence of Research and Scholarly Publications.
Considerable work experience in the following:
• Academic Library settings or environment.
• Library automation / Integrated Library systems and technologies.
• Client server environment UNIX, LINUX, ORACLE, MySQL, XML, PIN etc.
• Knowledge of cataloguing principles including MARC and MARC 21
• Knowledge of web development and data use management
• Programming language (HTML, CSS, Java script, Python etc.)
NB: Systems Librarian at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian must have a PhD and Publications. Systems Librarian at the rank of Junior Assistant Librarian
or Assistant Librarian must have a minimum of MPhil or MSc or MA (Research).
Location: Cape Coast
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please submit completed application forms (obtainable from the university website: Senior Members Application Form – Teaching or Office of the Director, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast and comprehensive curriculum vitae, together with relevant supporting documents to:
Directorate of Human Resources
University of Cape Coast
Closing Date: 17 April, 2020. (Source: ghanacurrentjobs)