Company: Compassion International
Category: Building and Construction
Job status: Full-Time
Job expires: 02 Mar-2020
The Principal Project Manager will manage all aspects of CIGH office relocation program including the construction of an ultra-modern office complex on behalf of CIGH. He/she will be responsible to obtain all relevant building permits and licenses; evaluate bid proposals; develop a construction master plan; perform on-site inspections; facilitate communication and ensure compliance with all construction and other related laws.
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of Compassion International Ghana’s office relocation project including the construction of an ultra-modern office complex, ensuring consistency with Compassion International strategy, commitments and goals. As the Principal Project Manager, he/she will navigate clients through the Ghana National Office building and relocation project. Working on the details and complexity of this project, this professional will secure required resources and use formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. He or she will manage the Ghana National Office’s largest and most complex project to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
• Acts as an advocate for children. Understands and advances Christ’s mandate to protect children.
• Raises awareness of the needs of children and takes active steps to help protect against neglect, abuse, and exploitation of children.
• Promotes the dignity, respect, positive treatment, potential of children in all circumstances.
• Encourages the involvement of others in helping children in need.
• Reports and appropriately support responses to incidents of harm of children if they occur.
The job holder must be able to demonstrate the ability to:
• Prepare estimates of costs and budget for the entire relocation program including the construction project
• Establish the schedule for performance and completion of stages and overall project
• Oversee design of project
• Prepare agreements with contractors or subcontractors, suppliers, equipment providers, engineers and architects
• Acquire or assist in the acquisition of licenses and permits for work
• Advise on the authorization of change orders and other amendments to contracts as necessary
• Determine appropriate or necessary construction processes
• Monitor and advise on weather conditions, availability of personnel or materials, and events which may disrupt project activities or cause delays in completion
• Inspect and approve work at various stages
• Authorize payments or release of construction funds
• Report progress of work to CIGH – submit
• Lead the planning and implementation of project
• Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
• Define project tasks and resource requirements
• Develop full-scale project plans including planning and scheduling project timelines
• Coordinate & monitor work of project implementors (Architectural, Engineering & Design firm)
• Manage project budget and resource allocation
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
• Provide direction and support to project team
• Undertake quality assurance throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Constantly monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders
• Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
• Organise, develop and undertake delivery plans for projects under their control and monitor subsequent performance against this, taking corrective action where appropriate;
• Manage the administration of the project under the direction of the Senior Manager of Business Support
• Undertake primary responsibility for compliance with the Compassion International’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control Policy and other corporate policies that are appropriate to the job
• Undertake and adhere to Procedure Manuals for project execution
• This senior manager ensures the project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSC Architecture
• Professional qualification in project management or equivalent will be an added advantage
• Fifteen years of professional experience working on large and complex construction or a similar field
• Proven experience in people management, coordination and collaboration
• Proven experience in strategic planning
• Proven experience in risk management (legal, financial, political etc.)
• Proven experience in change management
• Proficient in project management software
• Proven experience and proficiency in coordinating work among cross-functional teams
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 02 March, 2020 (Source:ghanacurrentjobs)