Job Vacancy For Office Assistant
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. Our mission around the world is to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice.
Our Core Values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
We believe in urgent action, innovation, and the necessity of transformation – within the world and our own organization.
We are accountable to the people and partners we humbly serve, transparently sharing our results, stories and lessons.
We know that by embracing differences, actively including a variety of voices, and joining together we can solve the world’s most complex problems.
We believe in the equal value of every human being and the importance of respecting and honoring each individual; we know that change happens through people.
We challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, tapping the best of human spirit to create impact.
Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. doing business as CARE International in Ghana (“CARE”) is seeking qualified candidates for a role as Office Assistant. The full-time position will be based in Accra.
The Office Assistant for the Accra Main Office will be based in Accra. He will be responsible for general cleaning of the office and its surroundings as well as security in the office during the day. He will also undertake minor clerical duties in the office. He will report to the Admin Officer
Key areas of responsibility of the Office Assistant will include:
• Ensure General Cleanliness of the Office and the Compound – Ensure the offices, washrooms and offices surroundings assigned to you are cleaned daily, ensure a thorough general cleaning is done once in a quarter, Ensure conference room is always cleaned and ready to be used, Any other cleaning duty that may be assigned from time to time, Report damages to Admin Officer.
• Support in Administrative Task – Undertake administrative duties such as photocopying and binding of official documents. Provide hot water and tea items for meetings, Assist in minor clerical duties ( filing of documents), Act as a back support to Admin Assistant to ensure regular supply of office consumables, run official errands for the office
• Security at the office – Ensure regular patrol of the office building to ward off intruders during working hours, Ensure the office is well locked after close of work, Ensure all air-conditions, bulbs and sockets are switched off after close of work.
Qualification Required & Experience
• O’ Level or SSCE Certificate or its equivalent
• At least a minimum of one year working experience in office Administration
• Knowledge in cleaning an office setting.
• Knowledge in basic computer software applications (Word and Excel)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to read and write simple English and be able to document and maintain records
• Ability to work with less supervision
• Good communication skills
How To Apply For The Job
Submit applications via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Office Assistant” in the subject line
Applications will be reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing Date: 01 September, 2020
Applicants should be aware that CARE has zero tolerance for fraud and corruption, and toward any kind of harassment, exploitation and abuse.
At CARE, we know that recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce is critical to achieving our mission of ending global poverty. CARE defines “diversity” beyond the regular classifications of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability, and includes diversity of perspectives that uphold CARE’s core values. Our goal is to create and maintain a work environment that promotes diversity in everything we do. We are also committed to creating and maintaining a safe work environment for our staff, partners and beneficiaries with specific attention to protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child protection. Credit: Ghanacurrentjobs