Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) is searching for a qualified candidate for the position of Security Manager
REPORTS TO: DEPUTY DIRECTOR, ADMIN/HR
Direct the Authority’s security functions, including physical security and safety of employees, facilities, and assets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement physical security measures to protect assets and
• Develop and implement security policies, procedures and standards to minimize the risk associated with crime personnel of the Authority
• Conduct security and safety audits to ensure compliance
• Undertake investigation into security related incidents.
• Monitor and ensure the efficient functioning of Electronic Security Equipment (Biometric Access control systems, fire fighting equipment. CCTV system)
• Liaise with the local enforcement agencies to assist the Authority in any act of urgency
• Ensure the efficient functioning of Fire Safety Equipment Supervise the activities of and performance of the Zonal Officers.
• Monitor and ensure the efficient performance of the security guards.
• Advise management on security issues in respect of services provided by the Authority
• Undertake any other duties that may be assigned
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of 1st Degree in Social Science or security related disciplines from an accredited institution
• Professional qualification in Security Management,
• A Minimum of five (5) years post qualification relevant work experience
• Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent understanding of crime management
• Strong Knowledge of security risk management. Knowledge in fire prevention and control
• Strong Report writing skills
• Demonstrable leadership and supervisory abilities
• Strong Knowledge in Public Administration and Public Policy Analysis Good knowledge in contract negotiations Strong project and operations management skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Knowledge in Computing and Financial Resource Management.
• High integrity and ethical standards
• Must Have A valid driver’s licence.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their cover letters and CVs to the address provided below.
Manager, Resourcing, Learning & Development
Jawaharlal Nehru Road
P O BOX 9379
Kia – Accra
Closing Date: 18 September, 2020