Job Vacancy For Communications Analyst
Duties and Responsibilities
I Provides support to the planning, design and implementation of internal and external strategies for communications and outreach
• Conduct of communications needs assessments for the CO (projects, country programme and corporate change initiatives, etc).
• Analysis of requirements and synthesis of proposals for elaboration of the CO communications and outreach strategy based on corporate strategic priorities and the UNDP External Communications Action Plan.
• Development/production of communication and advocacy instruments and materials for marketing and awareness-raising campaigns, including briefing materials and media materials in coordination with the supervisor.
• Synthesis of proposals for project formulations to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of UNDP’s development programme.
• Development of communication and advocacy content and products amplifying UNDP’s program results and positioning of organization on selected substantive issues.
II Ensures the implementation of the CO publications strategy and plan
• Effective implementation of the CO publications strategy and plan.
• Management of the CO publication activities, such as drafting articles, content management, norms for publishing, design, maintenance of regular contact with printers and other suppliers to ensure production and publications dissemination.
III Provides support to the maintenance of the UNDP web site, intranet, CO web-based knowledge management system
• Management of the office web sites based on corporate requirements in cooperation with the ICT staff.
• Preparation of the content for the web sites and social media platforms to ensure consistency of the materials.
IV Supports the business development and UNDP CO strategic communication
• Promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications such as the Human Development Report.
• Promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on issue including UNDP activities, Sustainable Development Goals and UN Reform, under the supervision of Resident Representative.
• Support to the Resident Representative in the strategic communication outreach and advocacy through advising on the appropriate media outreach, placement and content development;
• Preparation and dissemination of newsletter to donors, donor reports, civic education and community awareness, where appropriate, to support projects.
V Facilitation of knowledge building and management
• Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned directly linked to programme country goals and activities.
• Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice including corporate communications repositories.
• Provision of trainings for UNDP staff on internal and external communications for development.
• Professional growth through active learning.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in media relations, journalism, publishing or similar;
• A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• At least two years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy;
• Proven experience in drafting communications content (articles, blogs, human interest stories, social media content, etc.) in both English and Montenegrin languages;
• Proven ability to distil key messages, adapt the style and format of the communication products to different audiences;
• Proven ability to demonstrate impartiality, fairness, honesty and truthfulness in all matters affecting work.
• Good knowledge and experience in handling of web-based management systems and social media;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages;
• Prior experience in design and implementation of comprehensive advocacy campaigns would be an asset.
• Fluency in English and Montenegrin language;
• Prior experience with Montenegrin and English language editing is an asset.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 14 September, 2020