Applications are invited from suitably qualified staff of the University for Appointment as Director of the following Directorate and Institute in the University of Education, Winneba:
- Directorate of Quality Assurance
- Institute for Teacher Education and Continuing Professional Development (ITECPD)
The Director of the Institute/Directorate is a Senior Academic Officer reporting to the Vice-Chancellor or any other person acting on his behalf. He/she provides strong leadership and vision for the design, delivery and continuing review and assessment of all academic programmes and courses.
Per Statute 28 of UEW Statute, the Director of the Directorate/Institutes shall:
- be responsible for providing leadership to the Directorate/Institute in the exercise of its powers specified in the statute.
- liaise with professional institutions, associations and similar bodies, and organise consultative committees comprising Directorate/Institute members and experts in the various professional fields within the Directorate/Institute.
- liaise and co-operate with other Faculties in the organisation and teaching of common courses.
- Coordinate the work of the Departments within the Directorate/Institutes.
- Consult with, and assisted by the Heads of Department in the execution of his/her duties
Staff seeking appointment as Director must:
- be of professorial rank
- have served in the capacity as Senior Lecturer for at least four (4) years and has eight (8) papers after promotion.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
- Twelve (12) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who would submit reports on them directly to the address below.
- Twelve (12) copies of two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the Institute/Directorate.
- Indicate which Directorate/Institute s/he wishes to be considered for appointment as Dean.
Application letters should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Education, Winneba, P. O. Box 25, Winneba. Application materials should be submitted by 21st August, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates would be considered.