Job Vacancy For Project Management Specialist
The US Mission in Accra, Ghana is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Project Management Specialist – Agriculture Feed the Future (FtF) in the Regional Economic Growth Office of USAID West Africa.
• The incumbent manages regional feed and future and other related programmes and relationships that support the mission’s objectives to reduce poverty and advance food security, resilience, and trade in West Africa.
• REGO works in partnership with multitude of African institutions and private sector partners to achieve development goals and promote US foreign policy objectives
• To engage on and appropriately manage REGO programmes and responsibilities, the incumbent will develop and maintain relationships with senior regional officials, private sector actors, donor and implementing partners, USAID and USG interagency colleagues in Washington and in bilateral Operating Units in the West Africa sub-region.
• The incumbent will work on agriculture-related activities primary and as needed will be asked to serve as a focal point on issues related to phytosanitary, animal health, standards and food safety issues
Qualification Required & Experience
• Successful completion of the bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, agronomy, trade or investment, international development, food security and a minimum of seven years combined of professional-level experience directly involved in agricultural market systems development, food, animal and plant safety agribusiness, trade and economic development. Prior experience in project design, management, and implementation is required
• Fluent knowledge of English and French is required
• The incumbent must have excellent oral and written language and communication skills in English and French is required
• Language proficiency will be tested
MARKET VALUE: GHS 155,467.00 — GHS 233,204.00 equivalent to FSN-10 In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of USAID/West Africa. Final compensation will be negotiated within the market value
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements, must submit applications via email to:
All applicants must cite the position title and solicitation number within the subject line, and attach a cover letter, current resume with at least three references of direct supervisors within the last five months from applicant’s professional life. relevant certificates, and a two-page supplementary document addressing the evaluation factors.
Attachments must include a signed Form AID 302-3 offer or information for PSC available at http://www.usaid.gov/form and must be in a format compatible with Microsoft word 2003/2010 or pdf.
USAID/WA anticipates awarding one Personal Service Contract (PSC) regarding this announcement. Please note that this does not constitute any guarantee that a PSC will be awarded as result of this announcement.
Closing Date: 16 September, 2020