Job Vacancy For Import/Export Manager
• Job Order management (Clearing files).
• Daily Follow up on jobs in Process to ensure workflow.
• Follow up with Customers for new files to meet Target files for the year.
• Ensure that any delays caused by Stakeholders have communication to Parties involved and copied to Customers.
• Proactively request demurrage waivers for Clients with the Shipping Lines when it is observed that additional cost may be incurred due to unforeseen challenges.
• Study Import documents provided by customers to ensure complete required documentation is provided for Customs clearance.
• Create alignment between the Documentation and Field Clearance Team to ensure achievement of our agreed clearing timelines with Customers.
• Keep abreast of changes in the industry in respect of Policies, and Procedures in the Customs Clearance process.
• Ensure Reports are prepared periodically for management review
• Study of Clients’ documents to assess completeness of documents required for completion of the job.
• Supervise Documentation Team with declarations as per client request within legal framework of customs.
• Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth clearance of cargo
• Ensure that documentation needed for customs clearance have been provided
• You will be responsible for all customer complaints and expected to be able to negotiate claims.
• Prepare reports on the performance of your department and suggest improvements that will enhance the company’s bottom line.
• Maintain records for accounting purposes in accordance with company procedures, including the checking of all invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and Customs regulations.
• Negotiates with carriers, warehouse operators or distribution networks to determine tariffs which should be in the interests of the company at all times
• Ensure that Customer Service Team requests relevant documents for clearance on time, which are required to enable smooth clearance process, which may have been omitted during the initial handing over of documents.
• Daily follow up on the status of jobs of clients.
• Ensure accurate recording of clients’ updates and periodic communication is sent to all clients.
• Keeping track of clearance to make sure we maintain clearing time of 3 working days after receipt of duty cheques and improve this KPI over time.
• Responding to queries from customs in relation to jobs we are handling.
• Sensitize field staff of new policies introduced into the industry by Stakeholders.
• Attend all stakeholder/ industry meetings on behalf of the Organization that relate to the Operations of the Company.
• Resolve all issues relating to import or export of cargo from port.
• Prepare and Submit reports of files received, pending and completed on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
• Apply Customs Law to inform and advice client and company on best approach to solving problems.
• Ensure all pending jobs are perfected and closed with Customs.
• Handle all Exemptions processing & suspense regime related issues.
• Train subordinates to come up to take on role in case of absence for Advise Clients on relevant documentation required for imports.
• Follow up with Finance & Accounts department for cheques or any other financial payments required to ensure job completion within acceptable time.
• Follow up with clients for Duty Cheques.
• Provide support to operations team when needed. These supports can be in the form of picking cheques, paying duty, providing field support etc.
• Ensure that clearing documents delivered to the finance department for invoicing are complete.
• Identify gaps/bottlenecks in the workflow of the operations
Qualification Required & Experience
• Customs Relations
• Negotiation Skills
• Proficiency in Customs Procedures
• Proficiency in Customs System -ICUMS
• Customer Centric
• Project Management
• Understanding of Industry Performance
• Maximize staff utilization
• Results Oriented
• Excellent communication skills
• Hard working
• Tracks and measures team performance
• Provide high-impact performance feedback
• Enforce Organizational Standards
• Emotionally Intelligent
• Excellent interpersonal skills
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly send all application CV’s and docs to:
Closing Date: 23 September, 2020